Recruiter: Together Housing
Senior Building Safety Manager
We are one of the largest housing associations in the North of England, managing over 36,000 homes across the North of England. We are a non-profit organisation, meaning any money we make is invested back into the company for the benefit of our residents and local communities.
As an organisation we are committed to having a Diverse and Inclusive workforce. We would therefore welcome applications from candidates with any of the nine protected characteristics. We are also proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
We are looking for a Senior Building Safety Manager to join Property Safety team. As a Senior Building Safety Manager, you will strategically lead the delivery and management of all aspects of THG's Building Safety, and property Compliance including but not limited to fire safety, legionella, and lifts. You will ensure that the group meets all its statutory obligations in relation to building safety.
Outline of Key responsibilities for Senior Building Safety Manger …
- To strategically lead and coordinate all aspects of Building Safety, and property Compliance including but not limited to fire safety, legionella, and lifts (excluding Gas and Electrical).
- To provide specialist advice on matters relating to building safety and implement strategies which will ensure the group meets its obligation and implement process to ensure compliance.
- To support the organisation in the provision of specialist advice, guidance, information, instruction, training, and support on building safety matters to all Directorates to promote compliance with all relevant legislation and best practice.
- To co-ordinate and manage the stock statutory compliance programmes across the whole Group specifically relating to: Building Safety, Lift Maintenance, Radon Safety, Mechanical Ventilation and, Legionella control activities.
- To plan, develop and implement a robust capital investment strategy for the delivery of Building Safety
- To monitor and adapt current work processes to ensure that the Group remain compliant with all relevant statutory safety expectations.
- To be the organisational lead for Building Safety Case management and delivery.
- To manage various teams in the Building Safety Department.
- To act as principal Building Safety advisor to the Group Board, executive Board and Risk and Audit Committee (RMAC) on strategic and operational health and safety matters.
We are looking for someone who has…
- Full Driving Licence
- Relevant experience, and qualifications including Degree level qualification or equivalent in Building Safety or construction. Level 6 Certificate in Fire Safety for Construction, NEBOSH – Fire Safety Certificate
- A proven track record of dealing with complex Building Safety issues within a high-pressure working environment.
- A successful track record of leading, supporting and motivating a team of staff. As well as experience of developing and implementing Building Safety training programmes for managers and staff.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic Building Safety solutions
- Experience of contributing to risk management strategies and involvement in its implementation.
- An in-depth knowledge of Building Safety legislation, both current and developmental
- Specialist knowledge of the current Building Safety at Work Regulations including Fire Safety Regulations
- An up-to-date knowledge of Building Safety legislation and how it impacts on construction environments.
- Knowledge of integrated Building Safety Management Systems
- Demonstrable knowledge BS 9991 – Fire Safety in the Design, Management, and use of Residential Buildings.
In return, we are offering the successful candidate in the Senior Building Safety Manager role…
- Salary of £61,607 per annum (pay award pending)
- Annual pay scale increase
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years’ service) + bank holidays.
- Hybrid working, 2 days a week in either Halifax, Wakefield office, or Blackburn office.
- You will be covering the following areas Yorkshire & the Humber, Calderdale, and Lancashire.
- A flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- You will be working 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Working arrangements are flexible in line with our Smart Working culture so that we deliver an excellent and accessible service for customers.
- Wide range of technical, professional, and personal development training opportunities
- Attractive pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to GPs.
- A range of financial and lifestyle benefits including cycle to work, vehicle leasing and financial advice.
- To view the full range of our award winning benefits, click on the Employee Benefits Link
THG reserves the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient numbers of applicants are received. Therefore, please apply without delay!
Please ensure you fully answer the questions on the application form.
Due to the nature of the role involving work with vulnerable members of society, this post is subject to a Basic Criminal Disclosure, which will be carried out when a conditional offer is made.
To apply please click here.