£37,000 to £42,000 per annum | North East | Date posted 01 Mar 2023
Your new company
Hays Technology are recruiting a Network Specialist to join a large and expanding public sector organisation based in the North-East. You will be joining an experienced Network team and reporting to the Network Manager.
Your new role
As a Network Specialist you will be responsible for leading projects and the development of the network and security infrastructure and services. You will be providing day-to-day network support alongside and supporting other network team members as well as other teams within IT Services and the wider organisation. You will also be demonstrating creativity and passion in developing network and security services of an exceptional quality that derive the maximum benefit for users and the organisation.
You will be proactively reviewing processes, procedures, and practices to ensure that the needs and expectations of relevant stakeholders are met. You will also be performing the configuration of security platforms, including firewalls and IPS/threat protection according to industry best practices and investigating security incidents including threat analysis and forensics and preventative methods.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent understanding of how to configure network equipment and security systems
- Excellent understanding of WI-FI standards and wired, surveying, design, and environment analysis, with a focus on end user experience
- Experience working with network switching, routing, configuration, and deployment
- Extensive experience of Cisco and/or Aruba switching
- Experience of using Wireshark and analysing packet captures would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
What you'll get in return
This exciting position is paying between £37,473 and £42,155 negotiable on experience and offers an excellent work life balance including: home working, generous annual leave 40 days, a great employer contribution pension scheme 18%+, flexibility, training, and development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. #4364673