Head of Construction, Maintenance and Facilities Management, London Borough of EnfieldE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Recruiter: London Borough of Enfield
Head of Construction, Maintenance and Facilities Management, London Borough of Enfield
Full Time, Permanent Contract
Salary: £73,557 to £89,319 pa
Do you love managing the construction, development and maintenance of a varied property portfolio, dealing with everything from offices to depots or libraries to schools and listed manor houses? We have just established a new team merging Facilities Management and Maintenance and leading on a broad range of construction projects. You will lead on building and managing a professional team that will aim for best in class service delivery.
Our Build the Change programme will rationalise our operational portfolio as we accelerate smarter ways of working in a post Covid environment. You will lead on delivering the refurbishment and repurposing of buildings to meet our new needs. You will establish efficient routes to procurement to ensure major projects are delivered on time and budget with specifications that support our Climate Change Strategy and ensure best value across a building’s lifecycle.
You will develop and implement policies and procedures to deliver a proactive and cost-efficient maintenance programme to support our Corporate Landlord Policy and help ensure the Council’s property estate is resilient, compliant, fit for purpose and able to deliver excellent services.
You will probably be RICS or CIOB qualified. You may have a public sector background but experience in successfully managing a complex portfolio is just as important. You will have excellent relationship development and communication skills that will be key to your success in managing the needs of building users across the authority.
You’ll also need to be organised, excellent at managing compliance and risk and able to keep a tight control over budget expenditure. It’s an exciting time to be joining Enfield, visit our Place website to find out more.
We also offer some great benefits including:
- Flexible approach to working hours patterns, ideal for people with caring responsibilities.
- Ability to work remotely as well as in the office or on site.
- Annual upward salary increments within the stated salary scale
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods e.g. CIPFA and RICS.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn.
If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always Happy to Talk about Flexible Working. To find out more, and to apply for this position please visit www.jobs.enfield.gov.uk
This role requires that you upload 2 documents. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format. If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 020 8132 1024 or [email protected]
If you would like to know more about the role, please email Mark Bradbury, Director of Property & Economy at [email protected]
Closing Date: Midnight on 13 August 2020
Commercial ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Estate ManagementMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£75,000 - £99,999More jobs in this salary range
LondonMore jobs in this location
13 Aug 2020