£Negotiable | East of England | Date posted 17 Mar 2022
Your new company
One of the UK's leading 5 star house builders who pride themselves on high quality homes with offices and projects throughout the UK and offering the chance for a great career
Your new role
Buyer required to join an established Commercial team in the Peterborough office. With a watching brief on choice of material, cost, customer satisfaction and sales, and other critical issues, the Commercial team â€“ which comprises Estimators, Quantity Surveyors and Material Buyers - has one objective: to deliver best quality homes, at the best possible cost. Their work is fundamental to their continued viability as a business and presents a fast-moving challenge that will exercise your creativity and commercial flair to the full.
Reporting to the Senior Buyer, the buyer will manage an efficient materials purchasing process on up to two sites.
You will be expected to:
- Prepare all procurement duties and exercises
- Be aware of new materials to the market which would assist the business
- Schedule and place material and plant orders with Group National Suppliers where appropriate or general suppliers, optimising cost and quality.
- Attend internal pre-start meetings and Team Meetings as required
- Check Architects/Engineers drawings for discrepancies and compliance with the required material specification. Thereafter resolving any queries with the relevant consultants/Technical department.
- Ensure correct specifications are being used
- Produce material cost schedules and budgets with cost codes for new sites and as required, and to review material cost codes to ensure budgets are not exceeded
- Produce schedules for material enquiries, sending to suppliers for costing and assessing quotations and supplierâ€™s schedules to ensure they are correct, prior to placing the respective orders
- Project and report material cost increases as they arise
- Provide site material accruals on a monthly basis
- Compile quarterly material valuations for presentation to the Surveyor to be incorporated in the respective valuation meetings
- Resolve invoice queries with the Accounts department
- Carry out material on site checks and produce reports as required
- Attend site weekly to ensure there are no problems with supplies/materials
- Raise office and Sales and Marketing orders
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Company Car or Cash Allowance
- Annual Health Assessment
- Private Medical Insurance â€“ Single Cover
- 26 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 29 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4178207