Recruiter: Recruitment Genius
Environmental Advisor - Construction sector
Why work for one company when you can influence your entire sector for the better?
This additional and newly created role is a great opportunity for an Environmental Advisor looking for their next career move to develop their experience and skills further in our leading UK Trade Association.
Within the post, you will have the chance to contribute to an essential industry critical to the UK construction and manufacturing sector.
- Reporting to and working with, two of our Executive Directors, you will support them in delivering the industry objectives on environmental, energy and other regulatory matters. The post sits within one product group representing UK manufacturers but will also provide support to other Member product groups on climate change and regulatory matters.
- Monitor and analyse UK and EU policy, regulatory and legislative developments in energy, climate change & environment.
- Manage Member Committees and Working Groups including meeting organisations, and handling papers and Minutes.
- Develop responses to government consultations and Parliamentary inquiries, in consultation with Member companies, along with presenting to key government & industry stakeholder groups the key policy implications faced by our Membership.
- Contribute to the sector's Net Zero and sustainability strategies as well as provide a focus for information and analysis on the industry's environmental performance.
- Form part of a small but highly effective and agile team of climate change/energy personnel as well work closely with our Member companies, central/devolved government departments and the regulatory agencies.
What are we looking for in you?
- Ideally, the appointee will be a Science or Engineering Graduate, who has already developed workplace experience of UK and EU legislation in relevant areas, plus an understanding of the processes involved in development of regulations.
-Experience in a similar industry, consultancy, or trade body are an advantage.
- Able to interpret sometimes complex industry issues and communicate these simply.
- Finally, a self-starter, who can self manage a workload independently, but also works closely and effectively with colleagues.
A time for change, and a time to influence your whole sector positively? Please get in touch.
To apply please click here.
Please note: Our offices are located in London, Victoria but flexible arrangements are possible as long as you have good access to London. Travel will be involved as required, both within the UK and occasionally mainland Europe.
Construction ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Health, Safety and EnvironmentMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£40,000 - £49,999More jobs in this salary range
South EastMore jobs in this location
21 Feb 2022