Recruiter: Recruitment Genius
Environment, Safety & Regulatory Affairs Manager
Why work for one company when you can influence your entire sector for the better?
This additional and newly created role is a great opportunity for an Environment & Safety practitioner looking for their next career move to develop their experience and skills further in our leading UK Trade Association.
Within the post, you will have the chance to contribute to an essential industry critical to the UK construction and manufacturing sector.
Reporting to, and supported by, our Director carrying responsibility for Industrial Policy, Energy and Climate Change, the role will focus on the work of two of our Members' product groups, but also provide support as necessary to the other product groups.
You will be:
- Assisting our Members with regulatory engagement and compliance.
- Monitor and analyse EHS policy, regulatory and legislative developments
- Act as contact with relevant Government departments and agencies, together with analysis of and responses to Government consultations and Parliamentary Inquiries..
- Coordinating information flow from principle stakeholders to our Members and managing regulatory committees and working groups as required.
- Running environmental and safety projects to ensure the delivery of industry objectives. You will also contribute to the sector's EHS policies and strategies.
- Managing committees and working groups for those Member product areas, including meeting organisation, papers, and Minutes.
In all of this, you you will form part of a small but highly effective and agile team of climate change/energy employees as well as work closely with our Member companies, central/devolved Government departments and the regulatory agencies.
What are we looking for in you?
- Ideally, the appointee will be a Science or Engineering Graduate, who has already developed workplace leadership experience of UK legislation in relevant areas and an understanding of the law making process.
-Experience in a similar industry, consultancy, or trade body are an advantage, as is an understanding of environmental and safety issues relevant to the construction or construction materials industry.
- Able to interpret sometimes complex industry issues and communicate these simply.
- Finally, a self-starter, who can self manage a workload independently, but also works closely and effectively with colleagues.
A time for change, and a time to influence your whole sector positively? Please get in touch.
To apply please click here.
Please note: Our offices are located in London, Victoria but flexible arrangements are possible as long as you have good access to London. Travel will be involved as required, both within the UK and occasionally mainland Europe.
Construction ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Health, Safety and EnvironmentMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
South EastMore jobs in this location
21 Feb 2022