Recruiter: Learning Curve Group
Construction/Health and Safety Tutor
Construction / Health & Safety Tutor
Learning Curve Group is a key player in a high profile Government initiative delivering 12 week intensive courses to get people into construction roles. We are working in partnership with employers to identify local vacancies and developing skills training programmes to meet these demands and to support progression to these roles as soon as possible. This role requires a highly motivated and self-driven person to deliver teaching, learning and assessment to learners on Learning Curve Group, Level 3 construction programmes. Tutors will have recent experience in the construction sector relevant to the course programmes which includes Health and Safety, Technical information, Quantities and Communication, and, the Construction Industry and Built Environment. Tutors will need be sensitive to the support needs of both unemployed learners and those reskilling who are looking to develop the confidence and skills necessary to progress to employment. The tutor will take full responsibility for the effective running of the course and the associated administrative duties in accordance with the funding regulations.PermanentEssential
- Good working knowledge of the construction industry
- Hold a teaching qualification at PTTLS level 3 or be working towards one
We offer a full induction and training package to our new staff, so you very quickly feel part of the team.
As an essential car user, you must hold a full UK driving licence, be a confident and able driver, have access to your own vehicle and have the right to live and work in the UK.
Interviews are expected to take place as soon as possible.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver a timetable of teaching, learning and assessment as agreed with the Delivery Manager
- To undertake qualification delivery planning in collaboration with team members that is compliant with all external requirements
- Ensure that support systems are provided to facilitate positive retention, achievement and progression
- Completing the e registers in a timely manner to the required standards
- Monitor attendance and performance of the learners on an ongoing basis and effectively report to management
- Learner requirements are dealt with quickly and effectively
- To deliver teaching, learning and assessment ensuring a positive learner experience and timely achievement.
- To ensure ILPs and progress reviews are completed appropriate to individual learner requirements, including the setting of smart targets
- Timely completion of assessment and documentation to meet awarding body, audit and organisational requirements
- Submit portfolios in a timely manner for interim and summative verification and work with the IV to ensure quality improvement
- Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD.
- Collate high quality case studies documenting learner progression and achievement
- Contribute where appropriate to learner disciplinary action requirements
- Attending standardisation and team meetings at designated centres to develop team and individual performance
- Promote and ensure safe working practices and safeguarding of learners with in line with current Health and Safety legislation and LCG Safeguarding and Prevent policies.
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Implement and comply with the Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time.
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Learners are at the centre of everything we do so we are committed to safeguarding and promoting their welfare. If applicable, the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, provide satisfactory references and prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
To apply please click here.
Academic / Education, Facilities ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Senior Lecturer / LecturerMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£30,000 - £39,999More jobs in this salary range
LondonMore jobs in this location
29 Oct 2021