Recruiter: The Wrekin Housing Group
Planned Programme Manager
Salary £43,000 to £50,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience
36 Hours per week (to be worked flexibly in line with business needs)
Location: Telford – with flexible home working
The Wrekin Housing Group is one of the West Midlands leading housing providers. We manage over 13,000 homes across 4 local authority areas.
We are a socially minded and ambitious organisation looking to grow our delivery of the very best housing and care services to our customers. We pride our itself on making a real difference to people’s lives, and we do this by:
- Providing homes for affordable rent and low-cost home ownership across Shropshire, Staffordshire, and Telford & Wrekin;
- Delivering a high-quality repairs and home improvement service, thought our inhouse service and with key partners;
- Channeling social investment to create jobs and promote economic growth, generating opportunities for people to gain employability skills.
For further information about our organisation please visit www.wrekin.com.
As our Planned Programme Manager, you will help us to grow sustainably over the next few years.
You will support the Head of Property in transforming how we deliver our 5yr- £70m homes improvement programme, with effective contract procurement and management; ensuring the organisation meets its financial and regulatory requirements.
You will be required to:
- Manage a team of technical staff, managing and overseeing planned investment on our residents’ homes;
- Lead and help grow the in-house trades team of 20+ staff delivering high quality home improvements;
- Be relentless in the drive for value for money through the supply chain;
- Develop and coach the team to get ready for the building safety and retrofit agenda;
- Actively engage with customers to inform policy, procurement and delivery decisions;
- Work collaboratively and think commercially to deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers within the agreed budgets.
It is essential for the successful candidate to have substantial and relevant management level experience in a housing, construction, or contract management environment. You will have a successful track record in leading, managing and motivating staff across a diverse team.
What you will need:
We are looking to offer one individual an exciting opportunity. You will need to be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the relevant business areas in order to maintain the high standards that the we have established for its customers.
You will also have a proven record of leading, managing and motivating teams of employees to deliver desired and successful outcomes.
(Please see the Person Specification for details.)
In return we offer you an interesting, challenging and rewarding opportunity to join a supportive organisation. Our benefits include an attractive Annual Leave allowance, a Competitive Pension Scheme, Health Care options and Life Assurance.
We are currently working flexibly from home and our office locations, and envisage this will continue post COVID lockdown restrictions.
To apply for this position, please submit an application using the Wrekin jobs portal https://www.wrekin.com/Jobs/
Construction ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Planning / Programme ManagementMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
West MidlandsMore jobs in this location
19 Jul 2021