Architectural Technologist/ Technician
Busy Architectural Practice in the heart of a beautiful market town seek a technologist/technician
a thriving practice with a growing, varied workload and a strong pipeline of futurework,are currently looking for an outstanding, committed technologist to add to their team, and invite applications from suitable candidates with at least five years' relevant experience.
They offer a competitive package and a friendly work environment, in the heart of an attractive Regency
They work nationally across a wide range of sectors including hotels, conference and events, education, training, healthcare and leisure.
- Degree in architectural technology or equivalent;
- 5+ years' relevant experience;
- Experience working across all RIBA work stages on a range of building types;
- Ability to work with other team members and contributors, both internally and externally;
- Able to deliver information and projects to programme and budget;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Thorough knowledge of UK building regulations and other relevant legislation;
- Able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of construction technology and detailing ability;
- Experience of using CAD (prior experience of BIM beneficial but not essential).
About You and more information
The practice runs Vectorworks CAD software on Apple Macs. Experience of this is preferable, but not
essential and full training will be given. Skills in Microsoft Office, SketchUp and other presentation / 3D
visualisation software would also be beneficial.
They are seeking candidates with sound technical knowledge and construction detailing ability, who can
work effectively within the project team to deliver information packages and projects to programme and
Chartered membership of CIAT is preferred but not essential (progression to MCIAT will be encouraged).
The position is permanent, full-time and working hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Holidays (full-time): 20 days, plus bank holidays, as well as a Christmas shutdown.
Salary is dependent on ability, experience & qualifications.
The practice is currently operating under temporary arrangements to provide covid-safe conditions
including flexible remote/home working. Suitable arrangements will be made for interviews, and any
subsequent induction, training and initial settling in period, in accordance with the practice covid policy
and the restrictions applicable at the time.
Once it is safe and permissible, the offices will fully re-open, with an anticipated full return of all staff.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.