Capital Project Manager - Housing
Interim role-Project manager-Housing-Public Sector Organisation-Inside IR35- South London-£350-400 p/day
Your new company
This is a well-established public sector organisation based in South London.
They are now looking for an experienced Capital works Project Manager on a 3 month rolling contract, with extension.
You will be reporting to the Investment Planning Manager.
Your new role
The purpose of this role is to:
* To provide professional project management and surveying/inspection services to the capital delivery work stream to ensure the investment programmes are delivered in a timely and professional manner ensuring the correct planning, delivery and execution of the programmes quantities, quality and budgets to minimise business and customer risk.
* To manage all stages of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for identified housing capital projects including planning, design and construction
* To work closely with internal and external stakeholders such as legal/finance teams, building contractors, multi-disciplinary consultants, tenants, leaseholders, residents.
Specific focus will be on projects such as: Overseeing the upgrades to street footways, footpaths, carriageways, car parks across the organisation's Housing estates; Delivering estate improvement projects across identified estates, Roofing projects, other projects typically delivered through social housing capital programmes.
Some of the duties include:
* Manage housing projects from start to finish.
* Effectively manage complex figures and to forecast and oversee budgets, conduct financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports on capital programmes.
* Manage the multi-disciplinary consultants and contractors who are supporting on the delivery of these capital works.
* Review design / specifications and work with the Procurement Team to set performance requirements and ensure that internal procurement regulations are adhered to.
* Prepare scopes of work, cost estimate & budget, tender documentation and evaluations, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control and recommending resources to Head of Service.
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate you will need:
* Knowledge and experience of working in a housing environment or a qualification from RICS or CIOB.
* Knowledge and experience of delivering small and large construction projects.
* Extensive experience of developing and maintaining projects to tight deadlines.
* Knowledge of the Planning process and public sector procurement.
* Experience of developing strategic investment asset management and programme plans for delivery.
* Proven experience of procurement/contract preparation.
* Knowledge of the implications of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
* Knowledge of Section 20 and leaseholder services.
* Knowledge of budget management including allocation of funds and monitoring.
* Experience of managing consultants and contractors.
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a well-established public sector organisation and will benefit from a competitive daily rate as well as the possibility to work on a long assignment, finally you will be based in an area with great transportation links.
You will join a team of friendly and experienced professionals.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Construction ContractorMore jobs in this specialism
Project ManagementMore jobs in this sector
Interim / TemporaryMore jobs of this type
Up to £19,999More jobs in this salary range
LondonMore jobs in this location
20 Apr 2020