Recruiter: Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
Buildings Asset Manager, UKRI- BBSRC, Swindon
£38,318 - £42,576 (depending on experience)
Full time - Open ended
You will be working on behalf of the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) within UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). UKRI is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Buildings Asset Manager to join our Estates team in Swindon to support the BBSRC managed estate.
The main job activities of this role will be to:
- through dialogue with site representatives and by the inspection of the build estate, provide advice, guidance and ultimately approval of the sites strategic estates policies and objectives needed for the sustainable upkeep and running of facilities. This will involve setting appropriate standards to be achieved and the periodic benchmarking of performance and resource allocations across all sites.
- provide advice and guidance to site representatives to ensure sites establish and operate a 10 year Asset Management Plan and a detailed 5 year Maintenance Plan derived from condition appraisal reports prepared by others, including legislative non-compliance
- to support and provide ad-hoc Landlord and Tenant advice to Council colleagues dealing with leasing matters and Notices received in connection with the BBSRC estate
- conduct regular review of the progress of implementation; monitoring expenditure levels and to provide verification of site reports. Produce regular progress and year end reports on status of the maintenance programme and the current estate condition
- in consultation with site representatives support the establishment and develop of computer based management information systems for the upkeep and operation of their site facilities. This will involve making judgements on appropriateness of maintenance routines being employed through risk assessment. Monitoring the effectiveness of these systems will be an ongoing requirement to ensure value for money
- to provide for BBSRC estate business case panel programme the role of administration manager supporting the programme Chair to deliver the calls for: business cases; the management of the responses and the reviewing of the cases received and to then support the oversight of the capital investments approved
- maintain and update the BBSRC property databases, producing reports on current status as and when required.
You will be a professional Associate of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or a similar standard property related professional membership.
You must have had previous experience in maintenance works, planned preventative maintenance regimes, quality and durability maintenance and improvements and small works.
Experience of direct management of projects, acting in the role of project manager and/or contract administrator is essential along with previous experience in managing budgets and the allocation of expenditure to multiple parties.
You should have knowledge of Asset Management.
This role requires some travel throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays.
What we offer
Generous annual leave allowance, contributory pension scheme, flexible working and comprehensive non-pay benefits package.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are handled by UK SBS; to apply please click the apply button. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
The closing date for applications is 9 December 2019
Construction ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Asset ManagementMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£40,000 - £49,999More jobs in this salary range
South WestMore jobs in this location
09 Dec 2019