Managing Quantity Surveyor
Outstanding career opportunity for an experience managing QS with leading builder
Your new company
We are delighted to be working again with one of our key clients, a national builder recognised for their professionalism, design integrity and customer focus. They currently has an opportunity for an experienced, commercially astute managing QS to lead the team in their Devon office.
Your new role
You will be responsible for the management of fellow Quantity Surveyors at various levels on multiple live projects. You'll also be working closely alongside the Contract Managers, Technical Manager and Buyer.
- Managing the departments subcontract procurement process, ensuring that buying opportunities are maximised
- Overseeing the departments subcontract management from first valuation to final account
- Assisting the Commercial Manager to oversee the production of the Value Cost Reconciliations, cash revenue, and cash expenditure, ensuring that they are delivered to a good level of accuracy
- Liaising with other departments/commercial staff to ensure all department deadlines are achieved
- Providing support and guidance to the department
- Carrying out regular site visits
- Supporting the commercial department to achieve a prompt positive resolution of client disputes regarding extensions of time, loss and expense.
What you'll need to succeed
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience within a similar role
- A high standard of IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Ability to prioritise workload with proven experience of being methodical and organised
- A track record of successfully managing a commercial team and understanding of customer service
- Degree level quantity surveying qualification
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with a fantastic salary and package, support from a well established commercial team and group of directors, and real opportunities for career progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Project ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Quantity SurveyingMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
South WestMore jobs in this location
02 Dec 2019