Parks Project Manager
Interim Role - Inside IR35 - Project Manager - Parks and open spaces - £300-350 p/day
Your new company
On behalf of our client, a public-sector organisation in North London, Hays Property & Surveying are currently seeking a Project Manager, for the delivery of landscape projects.
Your new role
The post holder will be responsible to the Projects Manager for assistance in strategic organization and service delivery of landscape projects.
They will be responsible for making decisions regarding the redevelopment of Public Open Spaces, in line with a strategic framework and policies, which may have a significant degree of political impact.
Duties and responsibilities:
* To assist in the co-ordination and development of improvement projects for parks and open spaces in partnership with local communities, development agencies and partnerships, and in line with the organization's strategies and initiatives.
* Within specified projects, to lead and manage diverse teams of both in - house, and consultant landscape architects, architects, engineers, cost-consultants, planning supervisors, and other strategic partners to deliver a wide range of high - quality open space improvement schemes.
* To ensure that specified schemes are carried out in accordance with a rigorous project management approach, encompassing contract procurement, consultation, promotion and publicity as well as project delivery. This will involve the monitoring and administration of works 'on-site' on live construction sites, often in adverse weather conditions.
What you'll need to succeed
* Proven experience of project management, development or co-ordination and/or experience in events and consultation organisation.
* Proven experience of budgetary responsibility and management.
* Experience of co-ordinating diverse teams of consultants, suppliers, and contractors.
* To consult and involve the local community in the works, including a thorough understanding of both qualitative and quantitative approaches to public consultation.
* An understanding of Health and Safety issues relating to project management and design of parks and open spaces.
* Possibility to work for a well-established organisation
* Competitive daily rate
* Great location and good transports links.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Construction ContractorMore jobs in this specialism
Project ManagementMore jobs in this sector
Interim / TemporaryMore jobs of this type
Up to £19,999More jobs in this salary range
LondonMore jobs in this location
27 Nov 2019