Property Surveyor, University of Warwick Science Park LtdE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Recruiter: University of Warwick Science Park
Property Surveyor, University of Warwick Science Park Ltd
Salary in the range £30,942 to £40,322
We are a leading European University Science Park in the Midlands with over 200k sq ft lettable space at our main site adjacent to the University of Warwick and a further 55k sq. ft. at satellite innovation Centres. The Science Park is a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of Warwick.
We require a property surveyor, working under the direction of the Building and Facilities Manager, to work on construction and maintenance projects, working within cost, quality and time parameters.
You will be responsible for the feasibility assessment, design, supervision and contract management of refurbishment and planned maintenance projects across the Science Park and University as directed.
Additionally, you will also be required to manage the process for new commercial tenant leases and lease renewals across the University Estate. This will include liaison with stakeholders across the University at all levels.
We are seeking someone who
- Has a construction related first degree/Higher Technician qualification.
- Possesses a working competency in the use of construction projects and their administration, construction technology, building design and specification.
- Is fully up to date with legislative requirements in construction Health and Safety.
- Has experience of managing construction projects and undertaking the management of planned and responsive maintenance.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. RICS, MCIOB, APM) would be an advantage.
- Has experience of working on commercial leases/licences and a working knowledge of dilapidations, surveys and schedules.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop good internal and external relations, motivating and encouraging performance in others and with the ability to negotiate at high level to achieve mutually beneficial agreements.
- Is highly organised with the ability to work under their own initiative and able to prioritise work under pressure.
The company, as a subsidiary of the University of Warwick, offers a comprehensive benefits package including 30 days annual leave and Heritage pension scheme.
For more details visit our website
If you wish to apply send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the Role requirements to Sian Edwards at - The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry, CV4 7EZ or email to: email@example.com
Closing date: 3 November 2019
House BuildingMore jobs in this specialism
Building SurveyingMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£40,000 - £49,999More jobs in this salary range
West MidlandsMore jobs in this location
03 Nov 2019