Recruiter: Macdonald and Company
The successful candidate will identify development opportunities/sites for the region (south Germany):
1. Acquisition and Development
* Initiates and manages initial site acquisition processes.
* Active site searching, across the region in line with any applicable regional and city strategy as a start point.
* Identify and secure opportunities both on and off market, through development and maintenance of networks of contacts (land owners/developers, agents, council officers etc.).
* Effectively and consistently communicate asset and development requirements to the marketplace.
* Report on new projects and provide project updates to appropriate management teams
* Submit bids on own initiative (within financial and authority limits) where required to secure sites.
2. Team working and Personal Development
* Work as part of the team considering/evaluating potential acquisitions.
* Promptly brief Regional Project Manager and Regional Development Manager to ensure timely and appropriate concept, programming and cost feedback is received.
* Agree negotiating tactics with Regional Development Director and negotiate (with support from Regional Development Director as needed) site acquisition projects up to exchange of option on land or conditional contract.
3. City Strategies and Accommodation Services
* Support marketing and operations functions
* Assist the Regional Development Director and the marketing and operations functions in the preparation and updating of any national or city strategies for the region.
* Accumulate and maintain detailed knowledge of competitor activity and prevailing rents/terms in the region.
* Liaise with existing property managers and third-party owners in towns to assist in targeting best locations.
4. Finance and Development Cost
* Prepare desktop financial appraisals to establish acquisition project bid price/viability.
* Ensure bids submitted for sites will deliver the company's required financial returns.
* Actively participate in any initiative to target development cost reduction by targeting reductions in acquisition costs/fees and related expenditure.
The candidate will be prepared to travel to Berlin at least twice a month.
Fluency in German is preferred but not mandatory.
The company offers great benefits including a generous pension scheme, great career development opportunities and a bonus up to 100%