Qualified Supervisor - Electrical
Qualified Supervisor - Electrical
Qualified Supervisor - Social Housing Electrical Team
Your new company
You will be working for a very well established housing association based in the Merseyside area that over see over 13,000 properties.
Your new role
Your new job will require you to be an Qualified Electrical Supervisor, you'll be responsible for the electrical compliance and monitoring quality standards within the field in line with NICEIC standards and 18th Edition regulations.
Working closely with the management team, you will anticipate workflow and align your schedule to meet the demand of future projects able to manage and direct electricians, ensuring quality standards, paperwork/certification and compliance is met also being able to work within predefined time limits to enable the company to maintain its high standards of quality and efficiency whilst delivery customer satisfaction.
The onsite work varies depending on the project they would include, domestic, social housing, commercial and industrial electrical work, but would be very limited.
This role will be office based which would suit a highly driven individual that would be at the forefront of expanding the business.
Your main duties as Qualified Supervisor with approved body (NICEIC)
- Check and authorise all NICEIC certification within the field
- Ensure that all works are fully compliant with current regulations
- Deliver toolbox talks
- Register/ log all notifiable works with the NICEIC and/or building control
- Ensure compliance with company Health & Safety policies
- Carry out work in progress and post inspection audits of all site work
- Monitor and maintain the PAT testing, social housing clients.
- Calibration of in-house electrical test equipment
- Assist with site surveys and estimations
- Assist with tenders with electrical queries
- Ensure competence of all electricians
- Have full knowledge of each contract's electrical specification
- Attend training courses or customer's induction/safety or environment courses as may be necessary from time to time.
- Offer technical support where required
- Ensure that relevant Task Specific Risk Assessments are available for tasks such as Work at Height, Electrical, Asbestos, COSHH and Manual Handling
What you'll need to succeed
- High level of communication, demonstrating customer care and sensitivity
- Working knowledge and compliance with health and safety requirements
- Proven knowledge of installing electrical installation - Domestic, Industry and commercial
- Work as a team member and comply with set objectives
- Must possess relevant recognised electrical qualification as required by NICEIC for Electrical Qualified Supervisor e.g. 18th Edition, must hold valid 2382 and 2391 inspection and test certificates
- A full, clean driving license is essential
- Good communication skills including well developed written and presentation skills
- Ability to work with current IT software including MS Office Word, Excel
- Management skills, leadership skills and experience in dealing with all levels of an organisation including clients and contractors
- Attention to detail, whilst working under pressure
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with clients and team members
- Good time management and prioritising, ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Flexible approach to working hours dependent on the needs of the business
What you'll get in return
6 Month Contract with likelihood of being a permanent position.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Facilities ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Site ManagementMore jobs in this sector
Interim / TemporaryMore jobs of this type
Up to £19,999More jobs in this salary range
North WestMore jobs in this location
26 Sep 2019