Graduate Quantity Surveyor - Leicestershire based practice - 22-28k pending experience and level of quals
A successful South Leicestershire based multi-disciplinary surveying practice comprising Quantity Surveyors, Building Surveyors, Architects and Architectural Technicians are looking to welcome a Full Time Quantity Surveyor into their busy and expanding Surveying Department.
Having met with this client I can safely say this would be fantastic opportunity for any QS looking to start their career. Not only do they have a client base second to none, there is an ethic in the business for doing things properly that's would give an QS the tools to go a long way with them.
* Salary - 22-28k - pending on experience and level of qualification
* Help to achieve you gain chartership status
* Team bonus schemes
* Staff pension
* Business miles paid
* Staff incentives & activities
* Personal trainer Tuesday - free session for all staff everyone Tuesday
* Free parking at the office
Client has set out below the job spec and more about the company.
Your role will be to join an established surveying team and operate as one of the key members, where as a Quantity Surveyor you will have responsibility for working on various projects taking a significant role in assisting as well as managing aspects of time, cost and quality and will acquire some technical, leadership and project management skills and experience.
Our business focus is on a varied programme of residential, retail and commercial projects.
This position will include undertaking some of the following tasks:
* Preparing budget estimates & viability assessments.
* Preparing and checking valuations.
* Preparing tender documents and issuing out to contractors.
* Assisting with measurement and combining Bills of Quantities.
* Attending site meetings along with other members of staff.
* Estimating Project / Target costs for agreement with client.
* Budget Preparations and associated administration.
* Contract admin works including formulation of contract documents.
If you can offer us the following criteria we want to hear from you.
* Knowledge of 'Estimate' quantity surveying programme.
* Have a good in depth construction knowledge.
* A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative.
* A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change.
* A team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels.
* Have a strong work ethic and provide attention to detail
* A full UK Driving Licence would be advantageous
This role offers a great opportunity to join a growing and progressive company working together in a small friendly team. You will have the chance for both further career progression and personal development. We are passionate about what we do and committed to the quality of our work and growth of the business. You will have the benefit of holding more responsibility in your role within our company than in comparison to working for a much larger one. All of our work comes by personal recommendation.
Project ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Quantity SurveyingMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£20,000 - £29,999More jobs in this salary range
East MidlandsMore jobs in this location
01 Oct 2019