Director of Operations and Facilities, Ascension Island GovernmentE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Recruiter: Ascension Island Government
Director of Operations and Facilities, Ascension Island Government
(package worth c.£70,000)
A unique vacancy has become available on Ascension Island for an experienced Operations Leader. Reporting to His Honour the Administrator you will have responsibility for the strategic leadership, overall management and performance of a range of teams and approximately 65 staff.
Ascension Island is currently going through an exciting period of change, with significant investment and a number of projects planned to update our aging infrastructure.
You will be at the heart of this work and will be responsible for building on and exploiting recent successes. The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering public services to the island and driving improvements in the fields of Waste Management, Health and Safety, Ship to Shore Operations and Facilities Management within the Ascension Island Government.
In return you will join the exclusive club of those who get to live and work on the island. Ascension Island provides a challenging occupational environment, so you will need to be resilient and adaptable in order to thrive.
It also has a stable climate, between 25 and 35°C, a distinctive landscape and one of the largest nesting populations of green turtles in the Atlantic Ocean. Living on a small isolated island, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, comes with its challenges but the small island life can also be hugely rewarding.
We are offering a two year, accompanied status, contract with a salary of up to £50,000 per year dependent on experience and qualifications (taxable in Ascension). You will also receive the following benefits:
- Rent free accommodation (with electricity and water allowances)
- A food allowance (£3,089 or £6,175 per year dependent on accompanied status)
- Relocation allowance for your personal effects, including the shipment of a vehicle
- One mid-contract return journey to your country of recruitment for you and your family (if accompanied)
- A gratuity (bonus) payable on the successful completion of a 2 year contract
- 30 days annual holiday (with additional 9 days public holidays)
- Free primary dental and medical care
This appointment will be subject to satisfactory:
- Basic DBS Check
- Employment References
- Medical Clearance (Ascension Island has limited medical facilities. If you believe that you have a medical condition that may be difficult to treat here please contact our Senior Medical Officer for a confidential discussion via firstname.lastname@example.org)
Shortlisted Candidates will be required to complete a written task prior to interview and we are looking for the successful applicant to start as soon as possible.
Closing date: 30 August 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 9 September 2019
Interviews will be carried out via Skype or teleconference
House BuildingMore jobs in this specialism
Asset ManagementMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
Other AmericasMore jobs in this location
30 Aug 2019