Commercial Manager, Construction, Maintenance & FM, Bath & NE Somerset CouncilE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Recruiter: Bath & N E Somerset Council
Commercial Manager, Construction, Maintenance & FM, Bath & NE Somerset Council
Based at Lewis House, Bath
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to join our busy Construction, Maintenance and FM Team to assist with the delivery of a wide portfolio of projects with a combined value in excess of £100m, ranging from programmes of planned maintenance work through to the delivery of significant regeneration schemes.
The post holder will support the team in the preparation of contracts and their subsequent management, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable legislative and financial regulations.
The Commercial Manager will also take a key role in managing the frameworks including their review and renewal where appropriate.
The postholder will be expected to:
- Provide rigor and scrutiny to the commercial management of projects.
- Ensure the effective contractual and commercial management of projects delivered by the team, and provide advice across the Authority.
- Deliver timely, accurate and comprehensive financial reporting.
- Develop, maintain and implement effective procurement processes in line with national, international and local regulations, policies and practice.
- Develop, procure and implement framework, term contract, professional services and construction contracts, and to oversee the ongoing management.
- Provide guidance, training and support on the administration and commercial management of the frameworks and individual construction contracts.
- Provide the Commercial Management role for all key suppliers.
Skills and Experience
This is a challenging role that will require an individual with exceptional people skills who can demonstrate:
- Education to degree level in a relevant built environment subject and Professionally qualified with an appropriate institution; ideally MRICS.
- Extensive experience of operating as a commercial manager within a high profile development or construction environment.
- Experience of procuring and managing frameworks, term contracts, professional services and construction contracts.
- High level of contract knowledge and experience in relation to the preparation and administration of construction contracts and consultant agreements including NEC.
- Working knowledge and experience of Public Procurement Regulations.
- Cost/Value Management experience.
- Contract and claims expertise.
- Highly skilled at building collaborative relationships, and able to promote and influence positive partnerships.
- Preparation of financial models, viability appraisals and funding options for development schemes.
To apply, please visit our website at www.bathnes.gov.uk/jobs. Alternatively, telephone 01225 396409 (24 hours), quoting the reference number and job title for a paper application pack. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Closing date: 26 July 2019
Construction ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Planning / Programme ManagementMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
South WestMore jobs in this location
26 Jul 2019