Planning & Building Control Manager
Fantastic opportunity with international company - Planning & Building Control Manager vacancy in Somerset
Your new company
We are delighted to be working again with one of our national clients, a temporary building solutions provider with a reputation for high levels of customer service and technical innovation.As a result of an internal promotion, they are looking to appoint a new Planning & Building Control Manager to their growing technical team in Somerset.
Your new role
Reporting to, and with support from, the Business Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Planning and Building Control Business within the designated region. You will be looking after opportunities from initial enquiry stage, as well as orders, applications and financial reporting. You'll also have input in supporting the Business Manager with marketing and growing business levels
Key duties include:
- Effectively use internal systems (e.g. CRM, SAP and PDP) to ensure efficient enquiry and quotation processing as well as effective document control
- Managing of any sub-contractors and suppliers used for the Planning and Building Control Applications
- Profitable control of Planning and Building Control Application pricing structure
- Managing each Planning and Building Control contract profitability
- Ensuring targeted Financial Budgets are achieved
- Ensuring all applications are undertaken from start to finish in a professional manner, ensuring all lead times are met, all aspects of the applications completed to a high standard and in compliance with all legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines
- Developing sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of service.
What you'll need to succeed
Working knowledge of the planning application/ building control system and dealing with local authorities would be a great advantage, but not essential - project management experience, a good technical background and the ability to understand and communicate detailed concepts would all be equally as useful in this challenging role. You will need to be highly articulate, numerate and adaptable and willing to travel to clients and consultants across the south coast from time to time - therefore a full driving license is essential. Strong organisational and planning skills are also a must.
What you'll get in return
This international organisation can offer real opportunities for career development and invest heavily in their staff in terms of training and mentoring. You will be supported by a well-established, friendly team and be rewarded with a competitive salary, car, phone, laptop, performance-related bonus and pension + a range of other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Construction ContractorMore jobs in this specialism
Project ManagementMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£30,000 - £39,999More jobs in this salary range
South WestMore jobs in this location
31 May 2019