Technical Manager, Construction Products Association, LondonE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Recruiter: Construction Products Association
Technical Manager, Construction Products Association, London
This role involves working in our Technical team and being responsible for our digitalisation programme. Digitalisation and digital tools are of key importance to our members. We have projects creating tools and researching the area. This role involves taking these forward with member engagement and delivering a step change for construction product manufacturing.
Key competences required to undertake this post effectively
- An understanding of digitalisation in construction including BIM and Level 2 implementation.
- Knowledge and experience of building regulations and other relevant legislation and regulation.
- Ability to quickly assimilate, explain and disseminate complex information in a brief and lucid manner.Ability to communicate and influence through the written and spoken word, in one-to-one, informal and formal meetings, as well as in press interviews and articles and other publications
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with wide range of people.
- Clear thinking
Objectives in support of the Association’s Work and Strategic Aims
Ensure that the regulatory framework, standards, sustainability policies, and industry improvement initiatives, which affect the construction products sector, will incentivise and support the development of an innovative, growing and profitable construction products industry.
- To help establish a legislative, regulatory and standards framework that allows the industry to be competitive.
- To work with the members to promote a culture of product and process innovation geared to improving the performance of the construction industry.
- To ensure that product manufacturers and suppliers have a key role in delivering a digitally enabled and more sustainable built environment.
- To contribute to the development and management of the relevant Committees and play an active role in developing the team.
Key priorities in support of these objectives
1. Legislative and Regulatory Framework
Ensure early awareness of relevant regulation/legislation at both domestic and relevant overseas levels – particularly in building regulations, product regulations, technical innovation, health and safety and consumer protection.
Develop industry-wide positions on such proposals and influence decisions by relevant authorities, eg: UK Government, Devolved Powers, European Commission, etc.
Work to achieve appropriate implementation of legislation, policies and raise awareness of the implications for the industry.
Ensure the Association have effective Technical Committees and other working groups in specialist areas, such as competence.
Support the Senior Technical Manager in ensuring there is effective industry input to bodies such as BSI, BBA, CP Europe and wherever else the industry needs to be represented, undertaking this representation whenever it is necessary or appropriate.
Ensure, with the Senior Technical Manager, the Association is fully involved in the review of the process for developing the new regulatory framework and building regulations.
2. Product and Process Innovation
Work with members and project partners to support the development of a digitally enabled construction supply chain.
Support other CPA staff on product innovation particularly their relationships with national funding bodies, Government departments and other relevant bodies
Delivering a more sustainable built environment (in co-operation with Environment Policy Advisor)
Support the Technical Team in developing with others a programme for delivering zero carbon new housing
Work with others in the Association to persuade Government to adopt more effective measures for improving the energy efficiency of the existing building stock.
Contribute to the development of the Association and the team
Help communicate the Association’s messages in the areas for which you are responsible to our members, the media, and others we seek to influence.
Represent the Association externally, deputising for the Senior Technical manager, where appropriate.
Please apply to Jeff May email@example.com