Construction Project Manager, UK Atomic Energy Authority, Culham, OxfordshireE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Recruiter: UK Atomic Energy Authority
Construction Project Manager, UK Atomic Energy Authority, Culham, Oxfordshire
Closing date: 7 May 2019
Do you want to help shape the future of the Culham Science Centre, one of the leading science and innovation campuses in the UK?
Are you educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or construction discipline?
The UKAEA Property Unit comprises a team of approx. 30 staff which manages the Culham Science Centre estate, its buildings, services, commercial property and development portfolio. We are looking for an experienced engineer with a background in construction to help us deliver a growing pipeline of construction projects.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Delivery of a construction project portfolio with budgets circa £3-£15m;
- Project and programme management as well as the management of the team of professional staff developing the key civil, mechanical and electrical designs for building management and operation;
- Providing, or managing the provision of key technical input into the planning, development and construction of building projects;
- Client Liaison and stakeholder management
- Application and management of BIM level 2 requirements;
- Risk Management: strong awareness of and the ability to apply risk management tools and strategies to enable the successful delivery of construction projects and programmes;
- Ensuring relevant statutory and environmental approvals are obtained prior to works commencing and that relevant safety management and Culham Site working procedures are observed.
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research.
Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading-edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or construction discipline.
- Good range of technical and engineering skills to deal with the wide variety of building and project types.
- Extensive experience of managing the design and implementation of high-profile construction projects, preferably in the public sector.
- Project management qualification or track record including project planning and implementation, financial control, the assessment of contract strategies, contract supervision safety and associated environmental management.
- Experienced in the use of the normal range of business and project management software.
- A good working knowledge of the Construction Design and Management Regulations with demonstrable experience of site safety management.
- Demonstrable experience of managing internal; and external stakeholders at different levels.
- Membership of relevant technical body e.g.: Chartered Institute of Building; Association of Project Managers would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the NEC form of contract.
- CAD capability and BIM awareness would be valuable.
- Familiarity with Culham site and it`s buildings would be helpful.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
- Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role, please discuss with the hiring manager or HR if you have any concerns.
Project ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Project ManagementMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£40,000 - £49,999More jobs in this salary range
South EastMore jobs in this location
07 May 2019