Recruiter: Crest Nicholson
Senior Project Manager, Crest Nicholson, Surrey
Office based (Chertsey) 2/3 days, plus site based
Crest Strategic Projects (CSP) is a specialist strategic land division within the Crest Nicholson Group. CSP is responsible for securing strategic land opportunities, securing outline planning consents and subsequently acting as Lead Developer on major projects of between 500 and 4,000 residential units.
Crest Nicholson Strategic Projects are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the Technical team and be responsible for implementing the Company’s infrastructure and development programme for major projects. To deliver serviced land for external sales or development by the local Crest operating region; projects will principally be residential-led mixed use schemes. The Project Manager will ensure, whilst working across multiple projects at any one time; that the Company’s development brief, all designs, specifications and relevant information, are executed as specified with due regard to cost, quality, time and overall viability, by the design consultants and contractors; so that the Company’s objectives are fully met.
Co-ordination and liaison between the appointed professional consultants, contractors, operating regions
Preparation of due diligence reports to support site acquisitions; to include risk registers
Support the land and planning team to ensure planning applications are technically deliverable and technical risks have been mitigated where possible
Commission and oversee the procurement process to ensure the necessary infrastructure works are procured in line with the development programme
Proactively manage construction related activites on site including HS&E meetings
Prepare and service land parcels for internal and external sales for the optimum price
Determine the project organisation: responsibilities, communication, meetings etc.
Prepare, implement the project programme and chair project meetings (including taking minutes)
Draft and negotiate consultant appointments; for recommendation and subsequently administer their appointments once agreed utilising panel consultants where appropriate
Work within a pre agreed cost plan and budget, accurately monitor and forecast project costs
Through the project team, obtain all requisite statutory consents and ensure compliance with statutory regulations, in particular HS&E requirements
Provide support to allow project finance and viability to be regularly assessed
Constantly review risks and priorities, assess in relation to the implementation strategy and direct the project team accordingly
Manage the delivery via panel consultants, of utilities and infrastructure at site level with particular focus on presentation and sales marketing
Discharge planning conditions and ensure compliance with all relevant planning agreements or consents
Qualifications and skills
- Educated to degree standard and potentially professionally qualified in a relevant building discipline (MCIOB or RIBA) or equivalent (i.e. ICE) - not a pre requisite
- Have project managed schemes with a large infrastructure element. This experience may have been gained either with a housing developer, engineering consultants or QS/project management consultancy. Site based experience would be an advantage
- Have an appreciation and experience of the development process in general and of the conceptual design encountered in residential development
- Ability to interpret contracts, e.g. development agreements, collateral warranties, building contracts, local authority adoption agreements and planning agreements
- An understanding of development appraisals and cash flows. Experience of maintaining financial records, coupled with the ability to anticipate factors likely to alter viability
- Knowledge of programmes commonly produced in the development process coupled with interpretative skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, Building Regulations, design and specification standards generally applicable to residential development
- A knowledge of statutory consents and regulations affecting development and the procedures which are applicable
- Experience of commissioning and certification procedures appropriate at construction completion and handover
- Strategic thinking and ability to engage a wide field of enquiry
We offer a very attractive range of benefits including the following: competitive salaries and bonuses, company car/car allowance, private pension of up to 12.5%, private medical insurance and cash plan options.