Construction Project Planner - Lead
Your new company
Hays Property & Surveying have been engaged by our client, a large, public-sector body who are undertaking a large construction programme in London. They are recruiting for a Construction Planning Lead to deal with all property related matters to the PMO function and associated capital programmes are delivered to agreed standards. This role works with refurbishment, conservation and construction related projects. The primary function of the Construction Planning Lead is strategic; to develop planning standards and ensuring these meet the organizations vision and objectives. That said, a technical function of the role is that of providing advice and guidance with training systems, software, techniques and 'best practice' for planning and scheduling, getting involved in scheduling for the complex and high-profile projects and programmes and then other projects as prioritized.
Your new role
- Manage the performance, coordination, collection, verification and integration of scope of works (SoW) for all entities into the programme and project schedules including the review of project and task order scopes in schedules.
- Support the task order process.
- Contribute to contractor's performance analysis and correction in relation to scheduling.
- Develop and implement of programme-level planning processes.
- Manage the preparation of project resource histograms, performance analysis data and Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and Cost Performance Index (CPI) information.
- Manage and direct the planning resource in the coordination, administration and production of planning and schedule progress.
- Ensure that the schedules are created and maintained in line with the RIBA lifecycle, 5 case model business planning process, containing Optimism Bias and mandatory milestones.
- Ensure schedules meet assurance requirements for the OBCs, FBCs and OGC Gateway reviews
- Manage the development and maintenance of an accurate L3 programme schedule.
- Facilitate a collaborative process that promotes engagement and ownership of the master schedule.
- Work in a collaborative manner with the Project Planners (client and contractor) so that their respective component parts of the Master Schedule properly reflect the scope of works to be delivered.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of schedule impact reports.
- Lead the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Provision of project performance data, project schedules and reports in a concise and timely manner as required by the project teams.
- Ensuring that all schedule-related issues are highlighted and understood by Programme Director and Head of PMO and give appropriate advice.
- Deliver period programme updates and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme on a period by period basis.
- Contribute to the preparation and analysis of comparisons of SoWs, quantities and cost data between the elements of the projects and the performance of productivity analysis of construction operations.
- Build relationships with the CAS and contractors and maintaining regular contact.
- Facilitate planning lessons learned sessions; ensuring that lessons are captured and recorded.
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful Construction Planning Lead candidate, you will have a proven track record working in a regulated live environment, aviation, transport, health or utilities. You will have a clear track record leading on projects and overseeing key relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders to deliver works. You will have a relevant qualification in planning, programming or construction management, as well as a detailed understanding of construction project management, knowledge of EPM (Enterprise Project Management). You will have high level experience in Microsoft Project, Excel & Visio, an understanding of Primavera P6, knowledge of construction contracts (NEC3) and knowledge of RIBA stages will be considered an asset.
What you'll get in return
A competitive daily rate and the opportunity to work within a dynamic and experienced project delivery team. Exceptional exposure to live large scale capital works in London on some well-known estates in the capital.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Construction ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Project ManagementMore jobs in this sector
Interim / TemporaryMore jobs of this type
Up to £19,999More jobs in this salary range
LondonMore jobs in this location
01 Apr 2019