Major Claims Specialist, NHBC, Milton Keynes/NationwideE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Major Claims Specialist, NHBC, Milton Keynes/Nationwide
NHBC now has a great opportunity available for a Major Claims Specialist. Working on a full-time basis on 12+ month contract, you will receive a competitive day rate + expenses. Weekly visits to Milton Keynes (Head Office) and nationwide travel will be required.
The NHBC Major Claims Specialist role:
As Major Claims Specialist you are pivotal to the delivery of high value repair projects within the NHBC Claims team. You will support the case owner in all aspects of the project including interpreting issues flagged up by the consultant/contractor, cost management and providing innovative suggestions for repair solutions on complex claim cases. You will ensure a deliverable, timely and cost effective solution, advising on contractual matters and areas of risk.
Key tasks of the NHBC Major Claims Specialist:
- Undertake strategic review of Large Loss Reports for high risk and high value claims repair schemes over £500k and up to £15m to determine cost and site repair phase strategies.
- Review repair proposals, tender documents and contract documentation from consultants in order to sanity check and challenge the scope/design and advise the case handler on any areas of risk. Offer up proposals to mitigate that risk and ensure that a robust repair scheme is delivered.
- Ensure tight cost control supports accurate reserving.
- Involvement in the tender process including recommending suitable contractors and attending tender interview process.
- Attend site meetings including investigation, pre-start and project meetings as a representative of NHBC to ensure that our interests are managed and there is adherence to our Buildmark policy.
Our ideal NHBC Major Claims Specialist:
- Membership of an appropriate recognised professional institution (such as MRICS, MCIOB, MCABE, MICE, MIStructE).
- Strong cost and project management experience.
- Track record of high value repair diagnosis and/or construction project management.
- Knowledge of construction and design principles, building control and planning regulations.
- Experience of directing consultants, architects, engineers, surveyors and project managers.
- Ability to operate strategically, commercially and able to direct a project team.
- Comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders within NHBC and externally.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Able to accommodate weekly attendance in Milton Keynes (Head Office) and regular travel to sites throughout the UK, including overnights stays (NHBC to cover expenses)
Desirable skills: CII, CILA, Cladding Systems, Basements, Party Wall, Residential Housing Sector
(Typical / likely background for an NHBC Major Claims Specialist could be Quantity Surveyor, Building Surveyor, Loss Adjuster, Structural Engineer, Construction Manager, Construction Project Manager, Construction Director, Technical Director)
NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our NHBC Major Claims Specialist then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter.
We value diversity, understand our inclusive culture helps our business maintain its competitive advantage and aim to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.