Recruiter: Macdonald and Company
My client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor or Estimator with at least 2 to 3 years' experience to join their multi-disciplined practice based in Kent to work in their Cost Consultancy Team.
The Candidate must have experience in Developer or a Contractor background, and must be able to produce bills of quantities from drawings and estimate building costs of town centre high-rise mixed use schemes.
Duties will include:
- Estimating from RIBA stage 0 initial concepts through to RIBA stage 5,
- Client liaison and attending design team meetings
- Supply chain package procurement
- Reviewing and analysing Main Contractors Tender submissions
- Cost exercises for clients.
- Value Engineering
- Package Procurement and tendering
Key Skills required:
- Preparation of Cost / Benefit analysis of design options.
- Work closely with the Project Managers & Directors
- Ensuring all costs are tracked & validated
- Supporting bid team by producing accurate and competitive cost estimates
- Cost comparison and main contractor selection
- Tendering of large subcontract packages
- Cost control and preparation of periodic financial reconciliation's, reports and forecasts
- Deal with correspondence in relation to commercial and contractual issues
- Understanding of JCT Design and Build contracts
- Negotiation with contractors
Project ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Quantity SurveyingMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
South EastMore jobs in this location
04 Feb 2019