Contracts/Relationship Manager, West Sussex County Council, ChichesterE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Recruiter: West Sussex County Council
Contracts/Relationship Manager, West Sussex County Council, Chichester
Contract type: Permanent, full time position working 37 hours per week
Application closing date: 23:00pm on Sunday 27 January 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 6 February 2019
Are you an experienced Property Manager within the construction industry or wider property environment? Are you experienced in delivering a high quality service to others? Come and join our Economy, Planning and Place team and help make a difference to the lives of our residents within West Sussex.
Working to the Head of Development, you will manage and deliver the effective operation of a large number of capital projects. You will have direct managerial responsibilities for a team of 4 Contract Officers and support staff across a broad range of property assets. As a construction specialist and a manager with a wide range of construction experience.
You will be instrumental in managing capital projects alongside the newly appointed outsourced Multi-Disciplinary Partner (MDC). The MDC will be providing all property related technical advice on capital projects. It will be your role to oversee and management of the MDC on capital projects and to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the project brief.
You will provide professional support across the department as well as the wider organisation and will tackle difficult problems of a technical, professional, resource or people related nature. You will also analyse and evaluate complex information and identify innovative solutions as well as reviewing and recommending changes to systems, processes, procedures and practices.
What you need to succeed:
Experience working within construction as well as a construction related qualification is essential. Experience of leading and motivating a team is also essential in order to deliver against an extremely heavy workload, whilst maintaining a professional approach with excellent customer service.
Relocation packages of up to £10,000 are available, subject to meeting certain criteria.
Please kindly follow the link below to view full details of our Engineering, Contracts and Highways opportunities:
For more information regarding this opportunity, please call Elaine Sanders on 0330 2225605.
- Generous annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually;
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme;
- Maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave;
- A range of flexible working options;
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring;
- Health and Financial Wellbeing schemes;
- ‘Living Our Values Every Day’ Recognition Scheme;
- Staff Groups – recognising and valuing the diverse workforce of WSCC;
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 a year through our West Sussex Choices benefits platform;
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres;
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives.
Please click on the ‘Apply for job’ button at the bottom of the page in order to submit your CV and cover letter by 23:00pm on Sunday 27 January 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application and wish you the very best of luck.
Construction ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Contracts ManagementMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
South EastMore jobs in this location
27 Jan 2019