Contracts Officer, West Sussex County Council, ChichesterE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Recruiter: West Sussex County Council
Contracts Officer, West Sussex County Council, Chichester
Contract type: Permanent, full time position working 37 hours per week
Application closing date: 23:00pm on Sunday 27 January 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 5 February 2019
Do you have the ability to deliver a demanding project procurement/contract management service acting in the role as a projects manager? Come and join our Economy, Planning and Place team and help make a difference to the lives of our residents within West Sussex.
As a Contracts Officer, you will deliver a project management service, including provision of construction/property professional and technical expertise and guidance on building projects. In conjunction with and in accordance with the Council’s outsourced Multi-Disciplinary Consultant (MDC) contract and other capital programme delivery contractors as necessary.
You will contract manage the MDC and other contractors on any given building project to effectively deliver a pre and post contract service covering but not limited to feasibilities, project development, project consultation with all parties, project procurement and project management to meet Capital Programme requirements and to satisfy stakeholder needs.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of high risk/high value building capital contracts. Projects must deliver value for money through regular performance monitoring and liaising with customers, contractors and the MDC to meet the best value.
You will also communicate as well as develop and maintain relationships with a range of people such as clients, key procurement contracts, contractors and the MDC in order to provide in-depth specialist advice and information.
Relocation packages of up to £10,000 are available, subject to meeting certain criteria.
Please kindly follow the link below to view full details of our Engineering, Contracts and Highways opportunities:
For more information regarding this opportunity, please call Elaine Sanders on 0330 2225605.
- Generous annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually;
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme;
- Maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave;
- A range of flexible working options;
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring;
- Health and Financial Wellbeing schemes;
- ‘Living Our Values Every Day’ Recognition Scheme;
- Staff Groups – recognising and valuing the diverse workforce of WSCC;
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 a year through our West Sussex Choices benefits platform;
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres;
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives.
Please click on the ‘Apply for job’ button at the bottom of the page in order to submit your CV and cover letter by 23:00pm on Sunday 27 January 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application and wish you the very best of luck.
Construction ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Contracts ManagementMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£40,000 - £49,999More jobs in this salary range
South EastMore jobs in this location
27 Jan 2019