Building Control Surveyors/Senior Building Control Surveyors, NHBC, East Anglia/South EastE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Building Control Surveyors/Senior Building Control Surveyors, NHBC, East Anglia/South East
NHBC has an exciting opportunity for Building Control Surveyors / Senior Building Control Surveyors to join our team Home based East Anglia, South East, South Coast.
Working on a full-time permanent basis the successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary of £34,500 - £50,000 per annum.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK.
Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see an increase in the number of new homes being built and the opportunities here are immense. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment.
Working from home, you can also look forward to real flexibility, plus an excellent work/life balance. You will enjoy a high level of responsibility as well as autonomy but with the full support of a dedicated management network.
About the Building Control Surveyor/Senior Building Control Surveyor role
- Take responsibility for the assessment of building regulation and warranty applications for residential developments and associated non-residential uses typically up to 11 metres high.
- Negotiate with developers, builders and their professional advisors, from initial design to completion, to ensure proposals are satisfactory in relation to building control and warranty in accordance with relevant regulations/NHBC Standards.
- Responsibility for the co-ordination of building control inspections, issue of Final Certificates, site and type approvals and resolving problems relating to Initial Notices/Final certification.
- Manage the Building Regulation and Warranty aspects by supporting inspection staff with the provision of expert advice, inspection of high risk/complex elements or features of building work, the identification communication of key inspection stages and review of progress.
- Undertake surveys and assessments of existing buildings for suitability for NHBC Buildmark Conversions and Renovations Cover, including the provision of advice, preparation of reports and offers / refusals of insurance cover.
Our ideal Building Control Surveyor/Senior Building Control Surveyor
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution (RICS, CABE, CIOB).
- Experience in the construction industry with relevant experience in Building Control.
- Experience of plan appraisal of residential developments and associated non-residential uses.
- Awareness of forensic investigations of buildings, defect identification and repair.
- Proven ability to make pragmatic and value decisions on compliance with Building Regulations and NHBC Standards.
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision, in line with established policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of environmental issues and relevant standards/legislation.
- IT literate with the ability to use a range of software programs.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written with appropriate interpersonal skills.
Salary/Benefits you’ll receive as our Building Control Surveyor/Senior Building Control Surveyor:
- £34,500 - £50,000 depending on experience, location and including remote worker allowance
- Company car
- 6% bonus
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary
- Funded private medical insurance
- Cycle purchase scheme
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates
- Employee assistance programme.
If you think you have what it takes to join us as our Building Control Surveyor/Senior Building Control Surveyor click apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
House BuildingMore jobs in this specialism
Building SurveyingMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
South EastMore jobs in this location
03 Dec 2018