Head of Development and Regeneration, Trivallis, Pontypridd, South WalesE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Head of Development and Regeneration, Trivallis, Pontypridd, South Wales
37 Hours per week
£65,000 and access to a defined benefit pension scheme
Pontypridd, South Wales (just 15 minutes from J32 of the M4)
With 10 years’ experience in property related activity ranging from regeneration and modernisation to new build schemes, we have built more than 300 new homes throughout South Wales since 2013. Now with a new Director, and a renewed focus on regeneration it is a fantastic time to join us and deliver the next generation of homes to our customers in the Rhondda, Cynon and Taff Valleys.
There’s significant change coming to South East Wales and we are ideally situated to take advantage of the investment in our economy.
This is a brand new role created to lead our newly formed Development and Regeneration Team. You will be part of Trivallis’ Senior Leadership Team and play a crucial role in reenergising our development to enable us to deliver the aims of our new Development strategy which prioritises growing the business and improving our existing estates and communities.
This is an opportunity to lead and influence change and manage a workforce that is focused on meeting customer demand. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, have experience of development and both physical and non-physical regeneration, with a can-do attitude and positivity to improve our organisational performance.
With experience of working at a senior level in a fast paced environment, you will be commercially focused and adept at demonstrating value for money. If this sound like you and you feel that you could be a great fit for this role then we would love to hear from you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is midnight on 25 November 2018
Interviews are provisionally planned for 10 December 2018
If you would like to find out more about this role and working for Trivallis please take a look at Michelle’s video (click here).
If you would like to discuss the role further please contact Michelle Thomas, Development and Regeneration Director on 01443 494401.
Internal applicants please visit http://bit.ly/TrivallisInternalCareers
If you know someone that doesn’t already work for Trivallis who may be interested in this vacancy, they can apply via http://bit.ly/Trivalliscareers by clicking on the opportunities tab.
Role: Head of Development & Regeneration
Team: Development & Regeneration
Reports to: Director of Development & Regeneration
What you’ll do…
- Lead and manage the delivery of the new build programme, comprising both Trivallis-owned land and assets and land acquired from the private sector through planning gain and market-led opportunities.
- Identify potential development opportunities and undertake financial appraisals to assess viability and affordability.
- Oversee the purchase and legal acquisition of land and procurement of building contracts and ensure that appropriate compliance and due diligence is followed.
What you’ll be responsible for…
- Playing a lead role in growing the portfolio of homes owned and managed by Trivallis.
- Being accountable for the performance of your team and leading, supporting and managing the Development and Regeneration teams within the Directorate.
- Helping to deliver the Development Strategy’s aims and objectives in line with our Vision and values.
- Developing the policies required to set the Team’s direction, with reference to relevant Strategies, and ensuring the required procedures are in place to deliver those policies.
- Accountable for the production of accurate and timely Board reports to inform Members and seek approvals as required.
- Assist the Director with the development of strategies and action plans to deliver corporate and operational goals and achieve our growth aspirations.
- Accountable for the development of a budget that meet the Team’s activities in the short to medium term whilst ensuring it represents good value for money.
- Managing an annual operational budget of potentially £15 million.
Who you’ll be working with
- The Development and Regeneration Director.
- Senior Managers within Trivallis.
- You will lead, manage and develop a team of three direct reports and two indirect reports.
- Customers and their representatives including local politicians and councillors.
- External contractors and clients.
What’s needed for the role and whether it is essential or desirable
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Experience in a senior role in Housing Association Development or related property field or alternatively applicable senior Project Management experience.
- Construction or property related qualification to degree level or equivalent.
- Ability to create financial investment appraisals e.g. Proval or Pamwin and to interrogate and interpret them.
- Proven commercial acumen and a results and deadlines focused mind-set.
- Experience of effective construction contract management, including procurement processes, legislation and regulation and a good knowledge of planning legislation.
- Experience of managing significant capital budgets and cost control.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A full, clean UK driving licence and access to your own road worthy vehicle.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to write high quality business reports and presentations.
- Ability to influence and support change
- MRICS or MCIOB.
- Extensive experience of understanding of Welsh Government grant funding criteria and process.
What we expect from you
We ask all Trivallis employees to…
- Keep up to date with changes in systems, policies, procedures and working practices.
- Take ownership for your personal safety and that of those around you.
- Take the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Contribute to a happy and positive workplace.
- Treat everyone with respect and adopt a positive approach to diversity and inclusion.
Project ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Sustainable DevelopmentMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
WalesMore jobs in this location
25 Nov 2018