Inspection Manager, NHBC, Cheshunt, Harrow, Romford borderE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Inspection Manager, NHBC, Cheshunt, Harrow, Romford border
NHBC has an exciting opportunity for an Inspection Manager to join our team home based in North London (within an area bounded by Cheshunt, Harrow, Romford border and north of the Thames). Working on a full time permanent basis the successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary of £51,000 - £60,000 per annum.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK.
Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see a significant increase in the number of new homes being built – we’re growing our team and the opportunities here are immense. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment
The Inspection Manager role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Inspection Management team. Our Inspection teams play a critical role in our success carrying out over one million inspections each year, working with builders and developers to provide the hundreds of thousands of high quality homes that the country needs.
This role is home based and due to the nature of the role, a full UK driving licence is essential.
Key responsibilities of our Inspection Manager:
- Managing a team of Building Inspectors;
- Monitor performance of inspectors, identifying outcomes and taking appropriate action;
- Carrying out performance and development reviews, agreeing objectives, identifying training and development needs, identifying links to personal and team development plans;
- Take responsibility as the primary contact for key NHBC Registered Builders which will involve effective customer relationship management;
- Contributing to and support of the Operations Business Plan;
- Prepare and monitor the team Budget and deliver service within agreed limits;
- Assessing sites for NHBC “Pride in the Job” quality campaign.
Our ideal Inspection Manager
Home based within the designated Inspection region. The ability to motivate, focus and develop individuals and the team will be essential. A good understanding of the house-building industry will complement your sound knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
You are qualified to a minimum HNC, HND, NVQ6 level in a construction related discipline and Chartered or working towards or full membership of a relevant professional institution such as CIOB, CABE or RICS, together with comprehensive knowledge of house building. Management experience and an appropriate managerial qualification are desirable skills.
In addition, you will need to demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills and management capability, have solid presentational skills and be comfortable with the use of IT.
As our Inspection Manager you’ll receive a competitive package including:
- £51,000 - £60,000 (depending on experience, home postcode and including remote worker allowance);
- 10% bonus;
- Company car;
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service;
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary;
- Partially funded private medical insurance;
- Cycle purchase scheme;
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates;
- Employee assistance programme.
Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate
If you think you have what it takes to join us as our Inspection Manager click apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter.
Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
House BuildingMore jobs in this specialism
Building SurveyingMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
South EastMore jobs in this location
05 Nov 2018