Client Side Building Surveyor/Project Manager, James Hall & Co, PrestonE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Recruiter: James Hall & Co
Client Side Building Surveyor/Project Manager, James Hall & Co, Preston
Location: Bowland View, Preston
A Bit About Us
James Hall & Co Ltd traces its roots back to 1863 when founder James Hall opened a bacon cutting business and retail shop in Southport, Lancashire.
James Hall Group of Companies has operated in Lancashire for over 150 years. We believe that our success is due to the team work, skills and commitment of our employees.
More About the Role
Your role will be to deal with small and medium sized building projects from conception to completion and to assist with medium and large scale projects. You will also assist with estate management and maintenance, undertake property inspection, resolve statutory compliance issues and deal with insurance claims.
Here’s What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Design, specification and tendering of project works;
- Managing design teams, consultants and contractor on new-build, refurbishment and repair schemes;
- Managing statutory service disconnections and connections with external consultants;
- Undertaking property surveys and inspections;
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure smooth operation of the retail portfolio in relation to building related matters;
- Proactively managing and encouraging good health and safety practices;
- Developing new and maintaining existing processes with excellent communication and record keeping skills in order to facilitate the smooth transfer of information within the department.
A Few Things About You
- Will be MRICS or MCIOB or working towards qualification in 2018;
- Have Project Management experience with the capability and confidence to progress schemes from inception to completion autonomously following industry best practice and standards;
- Ability and willingness to deal with urgent work and emergencies including natural disasters, criminal damage and vandalism as and when required;
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of statutory compliance relating to commercial retail property;
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of CDM Regulations and Health and Safety matters in construction;
- Possess an aptitude for problem solving with the ability to prioritise workload;
- Have excellent organisation and communication skills;
- Have excellent IT skills with proficient use of Excel;
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel within the North of England essential;
- Experience of customer-facing or retail environments desirable but not essential.
Why Choose James Hall Group of Companies?
All James Hall Group of Companies have a similar culture and our way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an employee at James Hall & Co. Ltd. you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays which apply to all James Hall Group of Companies, we have specific benefits at James Hall & Co. Ltd. such as:
- Retail Trust – Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Christmas Hamper
- Children’s Christmas Party
- Annual Christmas Party
- Free Car Parking
- Changing Facilities
- Training & Development