Recruiter: South Essex Homes
Project surveyor, South Essex Homes, Essex
Main purpose of job
The organisation, delivery and project management of planned maintenance, cyclical painting programmes and alteration projects and the identification of future programmes and projects under the direction of the Property Services Manager Operations. Directing contractors in the execution of this work.
- To survey housing stock under the control of South Essex Homes, report on condition, energy efficiency, provide project estimates, specifications and tender documents for programmed maintenance including individual alteration projects, seek competitive tenders, evaluate tenders and make recommendations thereon.
- To project manage contracts for programmed maintenance and alteration projects, check quality, measure quantity and performance, value work for interim valuations and payment, check and negotiate settlement of final accounts.
- To issue orders under Schedule of Rates Agreements and agree measurement and payment for completed work. To liaise with consultants appointed to undertake specific work.
- To ensure that all specified programmed work complies with current Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and Health and Safety legislation (in particular the CDM Regulations 2015) and any other statutory requirements or European Directives relevant to the specific work.
- To attend public meetings including those ‘out of hours’ on programmed maintenance or other related matters that may be required by the Property Services Manager Operations.
- To carry out surveys of properties as directed to prepare and provide detailed reports on energy efficiency parameters in line with the requirements of the Company’s Energy Efficiency Policy.
- To maintain time performance records as requested by the Programme Delivery Manager.
- To Liaise with staff in Tenancy Management and Customer Services to ensure maintenance and alteration works proceed without disruption and cause minimum inconvenience.
- To undertake, if required standby duties in connection with the emergency out of hours Technical Helpline.
- Use and operation of the departmental computer systems (including CAD) as required.
- For the better performance of the Property Services Group, the Post holder will be expected to liaise and co-operate fully with any other officer of South Essex Homes or the Council as appropriate.
- To provide cover for other members of staff as required.
- You are liable to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your grade at your initial or present place of work or at any other of South Essex Homes establishments.
- To be familiar with Equal Opportunities good practise and a with the Council requirements for Diversity and to implement this in all aspects of working practice and promote it in the team and workplace.
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment.
The Job Description is current at the date shown above.
In consultation with you, it is liable to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes.
This role requires an Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.