Capital Projects – Client Side, UK Atomic Energy Authority, Culham, OxfordshireE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Recruiter: UK Atomic Energy Authority
Capital Projects – Client Side, UK Atomic Energy Authority, Culham, Oxfordshire
Salary: £47,596 to £54,086 pa dependent on experience plus industry leading benefits including an outstanding pension scheme
Closing date: 30 August 2018
Are you an experienced Construction Project Manager with an engineering background? Are you looking for an exciting and challenging new role on one of the leading science and innovation campuses in the UK?
If you have at least 5 years’ experience of delivering high profile construction projects, a proven track record in Project Management, working knowledge and understanding of current construction legislation and its application then this may be the opportunity you are waiting for.
The Property Unit within UKAEA are looking for a Construction Project Manager to join their team of around 20 staff to assist in the delivery of construction projects to support UKAEA business growth and the growth of the commercial property portfolio.
This post will provide the client side project management of those construction projects from conception to completion across all of the RIBA stages, in line with the Property Strategy, regulatory requirements, and UKAEA practices and procedures ensuring delivery of projects to time, cost and quality.
You will be responsible for delivering a portfolio of building construction projects for the property unit and UKAEA within the property strategy and Culham Development Plan with budgets up to £25m.
This will include the management of external professional service providers delivering the key civil, mechanical and electrical designs for building management and operation, managing the principal contractor(s) appointed to construct the buildings and liaising with internal and external stakeholders for individual projects.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research.
Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
For further information on why UKAEA is a great place to work please review our recruitment video via the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77D3F3ILl98
For full details on the role, UKAEA and our benefits please download the application pack by clicking the apply now button.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or construction discipline.
- Chartered status of an appropriate professional body, e.g. Chartered Institute of Building.
- The post requires a wide range of technical and engineering skills to deal with the wide variety of building and project types.
- Five or more years’ experience of delivering high profile construction projects, preferably in the public sector.
- Professional qualification or proven track record in Project Management including project planning and implementation, financial control, the assessment of contract strategies, contract supervision safety and associated environmental management.
- Demonstrable experience of managing internal; and external stakeholders at different levels.
- Demonstrable knowledge and extensive experience of the administration of the NEC form of contract.
- Experienced in the use of the normal range of business and project management software as well as CAD capability and BIM awareness.
- Working knowledge and understanding of current construction legislation and its application.
- A good working knowledge of the Construction Design and Management Regulations with demonstrable experience of site safety management.
- Membership of relevant technical body e.g. Chartered Institute of Building; Association of Project - Managers would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the NEC form of contract.
- CAD capability and BIM awareness would be valuable.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interview.
The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.
Project ManagementMore jobs in this specialism
Project ManagementMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
South EastMore jobs in this location
30 Aug 2018