Standards Manager, NHBC, Milton Keynes
Looking to take your construction career to the next level? NHBC has a unique opportunity available for a Standards Manager to join the Standards, Innovation and Research team based in Milton Keynes. The role is a permanent and full time position offering a salary of £48,000 - £57,000 per annum.
As our Standards Manager you will work within the Standards, Innovation and Research team, operating at a senior level within the house-building industry. This important and influential role offers the chance for the right person to build on their solid reputation, and develop new skills and knowledge.
Working alongside the Standards and Technical Manager, the Standards Manager will be responsible for:
- The development and promotion of NHBC’s technical policy (including delivery of NHBC technical Standards).
- Managing a team of Technical Officers and the delivery of the technical enquiries service.
- Organising and managing the technical committees involved in the development of the NHBC Standards.
- Fostering strong relationships at a senior level with house-builders, trade associations and other industry bodies.
What will you be doing as our Standards Manager?
- Work with industry experts to develop, maintain and update the NHBC Standards, ensuring that they are accurate, current and relevant.
- Address technical issues relevant to the house-building industry by looking for solutions and developing technical guidance.
- Promote and communicate changes to NHBC’s technical policy through direct contact with customers.
- Ensure the efficient and professional delivery of the technical enquiries service.
- Recruit, motivate and manage a high calibre professional team (typically 5 direct line reports).
- Manage the resolution of Standards-related issues and enquiries.
- Represent NHBC on external technical groups.
- Organise and lead NHBC’s technical committees.
What do we look for in a Standards Manager?
- A well-rounded knowledge of current house-building methods and technologies.
- A good understanding of technical risk.
- Experience in line management responsibility, with a track record of developing people and processes.
- Credible ambassador with strong advocacy skills and the ability to deliver NHBC’s message, even in challenging situations.
- A customer-facing approach that finds solutions.
- Strong networking skills, both internal and external.
- Excellent communication skills across a variety of platforms, including the ability to draft articles to publication standard.
- The ability to prioritise and deliver projects on time.
- Flexibility to occasionally travel, including abroad when required.
- A degree level qualification and/or corporate membership of a relevant professional body.
- The ability to implement IT solutions to improve work processes.
- Knowledge and experience of technical research.
Benefits of becoming our Standards Manager
- A basic salary £48,000 - £57,000 depending on skills & experience.
- 10% bonus.
- Company car (Grade 4).
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Standards Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter.
Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
House BuildingMore jobs in this specialism
Quality ManagementMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
South EastMore jobs in this location
02 Aug 2018