Construction Quality Manager, NHBC, Home based, NationwideE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Construction Quality Manager, NHBC, Home based, Nationwide
NHBC has a unique opportunity available for a Construction Quality Manager to join the team home based Nationwide. The role is a permanent and full time position offering a salary of £43,000 - £56,500 per annum.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK.
Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see an increase in the number of new homes being built. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment
The Construction Quality Manager Role
Reporting to the Senior Construction Quality Manager, you will assist with the development and delivery of processes, procedures and services to harvest and analyse data and information on industry performance in terms of construction quality.
You will support NHBC’s consultancy capability and services and work with major builder customers at Group level to facilitate improvement in construction quality and reduction in costs. You will also:
- Undertake analysis of historic, recent and emerging issues with the standard of new homes.
- Work with major builder customers at Group level to establish causation behind issues and develop action plans to raise standards, improve quality and reduce costs.
- Liaise with and influence key stakeholders (including government departments, professional institutions, trade bodies, HBF and the broader industry) to identify and progress initiatives required to prepare the industry for future change and drive forward the standard of new homes.
- Support key initiatives / actions / services in line with the Raising Standards Strategy e.g. Construction Quality Reviews, Construction Quality Indicator, Commercial services and Claims data analysis.
- Develop and maintain expert, up-to-date knowledge of all house-building technologies, methods and materials.
- Prepare and deliver practical and engaging presentations and to lead ‘problem solving’ workshops – both at external events and for NHBC colleagues.
The ideal Construction Quality Manager
- Membership of a relevant professional institution such as CIOB, RICS, CABE.
- Well respected with a network of contacts within the new homes/housebuilding industry.
- Experience of developing and delivering B2B consultancy services.
- An eye for detail and a curiosity about how improvement can be brought to the house building industry across the entire supply chain.
- Technical knowledge of standards and regulations in construction/housebuilding.
- Able to convey technical information clearly through presentation, workshops and in writing.
- Full UK driving licence.
Whilst home based this role will involve 2-3 days a week in our head office in Milton Keynes and extensive travel throughout the UK and Europe, therefore 2-4 overnights per week should be expected
Desirable skills: Quality Management background within house-building, Training/facilitation qualification and or membership of a relevant professional institution such as BILD, CIPD, Cert. Ed., ISO9000 standards,
As our Construction Quality Manager you will benefit from:
- £43,000 - £56,500 (depending on experience, location and including remote worker allowance).
- 10% bonus.
- Company car (Grade 4).
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as Construction Quality Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter.
Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
House BuildingMore jobs in this specialism
Quality ManagementMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£50,000 - £74,999More jobs in this salary range
UK-wideMore jobs in this location
02 Aug 2018