Trainee Building Inspectors, NHBC, Milton Keynes (for training), then home based UK wideE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Trainee Building Inspectors, NHBC, Milton Keynes (for training), then home based UK wide
NHBC has a unique opportunity available for 12 new Trainee Building Inspectors to join the team.
This is a fantastic entry level opportunity to join the NHBC and begin your career in Building Inspection. As a Trainee you will be guided through a six-month intensive, industry leading training programme.
Your training will be a combination of site based in your region and through our award winning Academy based in-house at our Head Office in Milton Keynes (overnight accommodation will be provided by NHBC). As part of your transition from Trainee to Building Inspector we will invest in your formal qualifications to NVQ 3 & 6 in Site Inspection.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK.
Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see an increase in the number of new homes being built and the opportunities here are immense. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment.
About the Trainee Building Inspector role:
To assist in improving the quality of new homes by:
- Working effectively with site managers and site trades to ensure new homes meet NHBC Standards, Building regulations and associated legislation.
- Assisting in performing key stage inspections: Foundation, Drainage, Superstructure, First Fix (Pre-Plaster), Pre-Handover.
- Working with site personnel to develop good customer relations and promote the value and benefits of working in partnership with NHBC.
NHBC Trainee Building Inspector roles are home based and due to the nature of these roles, a full UK driving licence is essential and you must live within or close to the advertised inspection area. Your role will involve climbing ladders and working at height.
Our ideal Trainee Building Inspector:
- Able to demonstrate a desire to develop a career in the House Building / Construction industry or currently working onsite during the Residential House Building process.
- You hold or are currently working towards a Construction related qualification such as NVQ, HNC, BTEC, C&Gs, BSc or equivalent. A focus on quality and keen interest in learning, keeping up to date with industry standards, improvements and developments are key attributes.
- You are able to gather and analyse information from a variety of sources to support decision making.
- You can demonstrate a consultative approach with the ability build rapport, establish credibility and build effective relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Your ability to tailor your communication style to suit the audience will enable you to influence and deal with conflict or disagreements in an assertive manner whilst maintaining your position as a trusted advisor onsite.
- You have good written communication skills, able to produce accurate reports and maintain the site record book with good IT literacy and the ability to learn new software packages.
(Typical background for an NHBC Trainee Building Inspector could be someone currently attending College pursuing a career in Construction, University Graduate in a Construction discipline or alternatively someone with some residential new build site based experience such as Graduate Site Manager, Assistant Site Manager, Construction Project Manager, Contracts Manager, Building Control Surveyor, Warranty Surveyor, Building Standards Officer, Clerk of Works, Bricklayer, Joiner, Carpenter, Architectural Technician, Construction Lecturer on similar).
Salary and Benefits we will offer our Trainee Building Inspector:
- £21,500 - £28,500 (depending on location, experience and including remote worker allowance).
- 6% bonus.
- Company car.
- 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as Trainee Building Inspector then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter.
Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
House BuildingMore jobs in this specialism
Building SurveyingMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
£20,000 - £29,999More jobs in this salary range
UK-wideMore jobs in this location
23 Jul 2018