Subsidence Building Consultant, i4 Recruitment, LondonE-mail job details to friend Print job details
Subsidence Building Consultant, i4 Recruitment, London
Our client, Cunningham Lindsey is recruiting for multiple Subsidence Building Consultant covering different geographies across Greater London.
They are one of the largest claims management and loss adjusting businesses in the UK and Ireland. They provide a comprehensive, round the clock, service to the insurance market. Their roots are in loss adjusting and today they apply that expertise to a number of different areas; it`s about delivering the insurance promise in a crisis.
They currently have an opportunity for a building professional to join their Subsidence Team, within their award winning Subsidence Services Division. Based at home but working closely with other team members and service providers, you will take responsibility for managing a portfolio of commercial and domestic subsidence claims from notification to conclusion dealing with diagnosis, mitigation and repairs.
You will have:
- MCIOB or higher desired, but working towards considered. Other appropriate Chartered status also appropriate, eg: MRICS, MICE etc. Ideally an insurance qualification or knowledge of loss adjusting.
- A detailed knowledge of structural defects affecting buildings.
- An ability to diagnose the cause of damage to domestic and commercial buildings.
- An understanding and knowledge of repair techniques to damage buildings and their drainage, particularly in respect of subsidence damage.
- Experience of insurance claims handling would be advantageous but is not essential as training will be given.
- The ability to be decisive in resolving matters, an appreciation of the importance of delivering outstanding customer service, and excellent communication and empathy skills.
- A good working knowledge of IT and most Microsoft packages.
- A knowledge of CDM and Party wall legislation.
- The ability to work in a home-based role but closely with a remote team of support staff and other colleagues, as well as manage and plan your own workload whilst delivering professional advice to both claimants and insurers.
- Frequent travel to visit claimants.
- A full UK Driving License.
Please note: Due to the nature of this role, the successful applicant will undergo a satisfactory DBS (formerly CRB) and financial sanctions check.
Cunningham Lindsey is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. They aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
Closing date: 18 May 2018
House BuildingMore jobs in this specialism
Building SurveyingMore jobs in this sector
PermanentMore jobs of this type
LondonMore jobs in this location
17 May 2018